Sunday 3 December 2017

Ben Emlyn-Jones at Probe 2018

I'm pleased to say that I will be speaking again at the Probe conference. The event will take place on Saturday the 24th and Sunday the 25th of March 2018; I will probably be speaking some time on the Sunday. There is no official website yet, but a Facebook event page has been set up. Please let the organizers know if you are interested in attending, see: https://www.facebook.com/events/136125687091560/. When a link becomes available for the official website I shall post it here: (coming soon). The venue will be the YMCA centre at St Albans Road, Lytham St Annes, Lancashire, FY8-1XD.

Regular readers will of course recognize the venue address as the old home of Probe before it moved to The Inn on the Prom, see background links for details. That is true, however a strange and sudden new situation has emerged with Probe that means the conference has split into two separate conferences. I'm still not sure exactly why this has happened. All I know is that there will be a conference in the spring at the YMCA organized by Sam Wright and his colleagues; and another will take place in the autumn at a different location organized by Paul Wright. I am speaking at the former, even though I'm not even certain what its official name is yet; I will call it "Probe" simply for convenience. I am really happy to be speaking at the Probe conference again. It's also nice to be returning to the good old YMCA. Despite its disadvantages the place had a charm of its own and I was sad at the prospect of us leaving it; so this is a bit of a nostalgic dream come true. Hope to see you all there. I will edit this post to add future details, and/or write new posts nearer the time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ben,

I'm looking forward to this event again. It will be great to meet up with new and old faces alike. These events really do raise the spirit!

Cheers,
Rich.

Ben Emlyn-Jones said...

Hi Rich.
They do indeed! Looking forward to it.
See you there.
Ben