Friday 22 February 2013

Good Mural is Gone


Last year I published a photograph of a lovely seditious and non-Conformist mural painted on the side of a house in Oxford, see: http://hpanwo-voice.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/good-mural-in-oxford.html. Sadly, as you can see in the photo above that I took today, that mural has been obliterated. Of course that house is a private residence and the owners who live there have the right to decorate their home any way they choose; but I can't hold back a pang of regret at the loss of such an insubordinate and spirited work of art. I think it deserves to go down in history as a great piece of political graffiti, on a par with the famous murals of South America and Northern Ireland. At least you can still look at the photo I took of it. It makes me all the more pleased with myself for preserving it on HPANWO; it's not the first time I've had to do that kind of thing, see: http://hpanwo-voice.blogspot.co.uk/2010/06/rip-subway.html

4 comments:

Michael said...

Hi Ben,

Completely off-topic but I wondered if you have heard of OPPT? The One People's Public Trust? This is something that, on the face of it, makes the "freeman of the land" movement look conformist...

hppt://oppt-in.com

There is a couple of good interviews about this on Mel Ve's Freedom Central Radio website and also a whole bunch of videos on YouTube.

If this is the real deal (and I haven't been able to fault it yet) then... bloody hell! In short, this group claims that as of 25th December 2012 all corporations worldwide were foreclosed by an unrebutted UCC filing filed by this group. We're free (apparently)!

Ben Emlyn-Jones said...

Hi Michael. I've not heard of that, but it looks very interesting.

Michael said...

Thanks, Ben. I only found out about this in the middle of last week and I'm still trying to get my head around it myself.

I would be very interested to learn of your opinion when you do likewise...

By the way, it was a good mural and I'm sad that it's gone...

Ben Emlyn-Jones said...

Well thanks for letting me know about this, Michael. I shall have a look as soon as I've got time.