Wednesday 21 December 2011

Debunking 9/11 Myths in Blackwells



I was walking through Blackwells bookshop in Oxford this afternoon, doing a bit of Christmas shopping, and I came across a display shelf that consisted of stagger-patterned placements of two books: The 9/11 Commission Report and Debunking 9/11 Myths by David Dunbar and Brad Regan. The latter is subtitled Why Conspiracy Theories can’t Stand up to the Facts. (I wish I’d taken a photo of the display!) I looked up and down through the Politics section and could not find one single book by David Ray Griffin, Dr Judy Wood, David Icke or anybody else supporting the 9/11 Conspiracy. Of course you can order those books from the counter if you like but I couldn’t see them stocked at Blackwells Oxford and they’re certainly not included in the very grand 9/11 display at there. So this Oxford bookshop, in the heart of Academia, is somewhat biased I should say!

I’ve bought a copy of the Debunking… book and I plan to review it; I don’t expect my critique to be favourable any more than was my one of the film Screw Loose Change, see: http://hpanwo.blogspot.com/2007/08/screw-screw-loose-change.html I’ve written a similar review of the infamous Project for the New American Century’s Strategies… pamphlet: http://hpanwo.blogspot.com/2009/08/project-for-new-american-century.html

1 comment:

Sverige said...

I also enjoyed the afterword, which discussed in further detail many of the 'ascientific methods' used by conspiracy theorists in which they selectively research, study and identify information that supports the conclusion that they want to prove. Hats off to the authors!